Saturday, January 30, 2010

Weekend Report...

Well, I hope the snow bunnies are happy...









In the top picture, you will see my charcoal chimney starter on the left. What you don't see is, it is sitting on top of a 4 inch deep aluminum buffet pan turned upside down.

So I would be safe to say we got 6 inches around here. Some counties got so bad yesterday morning that management shut us down and said go home.

That was mighty white of them but I'm sure that little move will become a trump card in holding some time down the road.

So we're dug in for a few days...

Plenty of beer, barbecue and cheese and crackers. Speaking of barbecue...

I'm always trying something I find in the store. I found a barbecue sold at Publix that is made in East Tennessee but is an Eastern Carolina Style.

This is some dang fine stuff if you ask me. Julie doesn't care for it because of the vinegar twang but I have been eating it a lot here lately. I like it.

The package gives you enough Q for 6 good sized sammies. I top it with coleslaw and go to town. It will never replace my Q but until Mother Nature calms down, it will have to do...

B.D.

No comments: