Friday, January 01, 2010

A New Day...

And visions of Sugarplum fairies danced in our heads...hey come on over here sugarplum, I got something you can dance with...hey, who turned on the light? What the...



A new day, a new year. The past died with a roar and the future enters with a whisper.

Come to me my child...

I don't make New Year Resolutions and I don't make promises I can't keep. I do change...in my own way. I make adjustments here and there. And here are the adjustments.

I've decided that work is not going to rule my life this year.

I've decided that I have been out of BBQ competition long enough, it's time. I've decided to sell the pit and get an enclosed trailer. I can build a kitchen in it and carry two vertical smokers and everything I need to compete.

I've decided to be less stressed about things. My decisions use to come natural to me. In the past few years, I have (just like many other folks) had to analyze every little aspect of every decision made.

I've got to get away from work dominating everything in my life. It has me pacing like an animal in a cage. Screw that...

I've decided to slow down and make my decisions with a clear mind. No more noise...

I've decided to take charge and lead. No more following.



It's a new year and a new attitude...

B.D.

No comments: