Saturday, March 19, 2005

25 Cents Rib Rub

The Chef has a rub that looks really good.
I might try this one sometime.


If you try it let me know what you think!
Enjoy!!!
Macdaddy


The Chef and his comments:


Many people prefer a dry seasoning rub for ribs and other meats on the grill.
I like them too.

Here is one that I think you will enjoy on meat, poultry or fish.
I call this my 25 cents rub because all the ingredients are 1/4 cup.

Ingredients

1/4 cup garlic powder
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 ground allspice
1/4 good paprika
1/4 cup ground thyme
1/4 cup onion powder
1/4 cup dry mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 salt


Directions


Mix well and store in a jar in the fridge.

To use, rub on meat and let sit for at least 1 hour before grilling.
The more time the better.

When rubbing on chicken or turkey makes sure to rub under the skin too, and make slits into the meat for added flavor.

I have used this rub on blue fish steaks, Bluefish or Salmon, with much success.

No comments: