Monday, March 14, 2005

Confetti Spaghetti

Well Sunday was not as warm as Saturday was - it stayed on the cool side.
If you remember a few post back - I had a pork loin to cook - well I fixed it last night.

Not on the grill, in the oven. "How did you fix it ?" you may ask.

In the oven...
What - am I going too fast here? (G)

I fixed it like this - I covered it with mustard and my seasoning mix - cooked in the oven ( in a 13x9 baking dish - uncovered ) at 375* for about 40 mins. (155*) finished temp.

I let it rest for 10 mins. - then sliced it - served with corn on the cob and Shelly green beans.

Julie liked it - at first she was like - "What are you doing?" "Why are you putting mustard on that?"

And me being the kind and caring husband that I am said:

"Honey, it will be fine, trust me" and it was - I might add.
( I did this on the grill one time, she just didn't see me put the mustard on. )



Anyway - here is a recipe for Oven Spaghetti called:

Confetti Spaghetti.

Enjoy!!!
Macdaddy


12 oz. spaghetti
1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 med. onion and green bell pepper (chopped)
1 can 14-1/2 oz. diced tomatoes (undrained)
1 can 8 oz. tomato sauce
1 Tbs. brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese


Pre-heat oven to 350*


Cook spaghetti according to package.
Meanwhile in a large skillet, cook beef, green pepper and onion over med. heat until no longer pink - then drain off fat.

Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and everything else (except cheese)
Simmer for a few mins.

Drain spaghetti and add to beef mixture (stirring to blend in)
Transfer to a greased 13x9 baking dish.

Cover and bake for 30 mins.
Uncover, sprinkle with cheese.
Bake 5 more mins. or until cheese has melted.

No comments: