Saturday, March 12, 2005

Punch Bowl Cake

I was looking through my old recipe box ( the first one I ever had ) and pulled out a few recipes I did years ago.

I mean way back when...

This recipe is the best of the best when it come to desserts.

So I hope you enjoy this one - I did - I loved it!!




Punch Bowl Cake


1 - box of Yellow cake mix
2 - boxes 5 1/4 oz. Vanilla instant pudding
5 - cups Milk
2 - large cans Cherry Pie Filling
2 - large cans Crushed Pineapple
5 - Bananas & Small package of chopped Walnuts
1 - large carton of Cool Whip ( I always bought 2 cartons )
1 - punch bowl



Mix cake according to box and bake. Cool cake and cut into bite size pieces.

Layer in the punch bowl like this:

1st: Enough cake to cover the bottom of the bowl

2nd: Pour 1 box of pudding that has been mixed with 2 1/2 cups of milk

3rd: Pour 1 can cherry pie filling

4th: 1 Can pineapple

5th: 2 1/2 bananas sliced

6th: Walnuts

7th: Cool Whip spread out to cover

Repeat all layers again - starting with the cake

This is one of the best desserts I ever made.

Enjoy!!!

Macdaddy

No comments: