Saturday, February 23, 2008

Weekend Report...

We got a little surprise last night or early this morning. It's not a big snow by any means but it reminds you that it ain't warm yet...









Oh well...

My son called me last night and told me that he and Amanda got married that morning. That's great...

And he also told me that Amanda entered a chili cook off and took second place. She had added the rub I gave them to the chili and thinks that made a big difference. Now, they put it on everything, ( I've had more than a few folks tell me that. )




I had a gal tell me her son loved it so much she had to hide it from him. He even wanted to put it on his oatmeal...( I'm not kidding )

Bruce told me that he has some sales lined up for the rub and the BBQ sauce. Spring will be here soon and orders for the rub will pick back up as grilling season comes back to life. And now, people are finding out I have a BBQ sauce, so I've given out a few test samples and just like the rub, the results and feed back are outstanding.

Speaking of the BBQ sauce, I gave them some to take home because I'd sent some ribs home too for her dad. The ribs made it and he said they were the best ribs he'd ever had. The sauce didn't make it...What happened? ( I asked )

Bruce, liked the sauce so much while he was eating ribs here that he drank it on the way home. So Amanda's dad didn't get any BBQ sauce.

Hey, maybe I've hit a gold mine here...a BBQ sauce that you can eat AND drink...

Hey that might work. But, what would I call it...

BBQ sauce on the rocks?
This BBQ sauce is for you?
Wet willy? ( nah.. )

I'll think of something...
B.D.

No comments: