Friday, February 29, 2008

Bring on the soup...




I know yesterday was National Chili Day but I never follow the crowd. Instead, I made some mixed veggie soup.

Julie was very skeptical at first and so was I, because I hadn't made this soup in over thirty years. It's a wonder I even remembered the recipe. But it's kind of hard to forget because it is so simple and easy.

And believe me...simple...definitely works well for this lowly white boy's brain.

And as I said, Julie was skeptical at first, but she warmed up to the idea and made some corn bread to go with it. She will tell you though, she's not much of a soup person.

(Well I guess not...being married to the grill master and king of the culinary kitchen.)

But for not being much of a soup person, she liked it.
This old dog still has a few tricks up his sleeve.

Like I said the recipe is simple.

A couple of bags of mixed vegetables
Stew meat cut and browned
equal parts of beef and vegetable stock
can of diced tomatoes with basil, garlic & oregano
small can of tomato sauce
salt & pepper

Mix everything together-add salt & pepper at the end of cooking. Cook on med-low heat for a couple of hours.



There you go...

B.D.

No comments: