Thursday, December 27, 2007

Are we there yet?



It's over...well, except for the next two or three months worth of work trying to find a place to put all the new toys and whatnots.

It was fun. This year was hosted by Deborah (Blondie) & Dave (Honey). The kids, Leah & Robyn racked up (as usual) and there was plenty of food and fun had by all.

So thanks to Blondie & Honey for hosting the Christmas Eve shindig this year and also, thanks to my mother-in-law Barb (Granny) for the Christmas Dinner she fixes every year, some fine eatin' comes out of this woman's kitchen.

Now, on to other things...

I ordered two, six inch stem thermometers for the pit yesterday.



Right now, it has three inch stem gauges and doesn't give a true reading. I want a truer pit reading, so the six inch stems should take care of that. Why is this important?

I could use a probe thermometer with a digital readout to tell the inside pit temperatures, but I'm old fashioned, I want to see the gauges. I ordered Tel-Tru gauges (the best in the barbecue business) and they should be here by next week.

Next, I think I may try using lump charcoal (for the pit) instead of regular charcoal. More heat, (less ash to deal with on long cooks) and less wasteful (solid burn).


I may try this brand.

I'll have to talk to Pat and see where he gets his from.
Get the jacks welded on the trailer and I'm good to go...

So... it comes down to the age old question. "Are we there yet?"

Not quite, but we're close...

B.D.

No comments: