Monday, December 31, 2007

And so, we shall meet again...

It's that time again...the time of year to reflect on things past... and the time to make future dreams.

This year has been a wild one, that's for sure. So much uncertainty of the job I have put 30 years of sweat into, not knowing from one day to the next if I'll have a job the next week or not. The strain of this, has taken its toll on my mind and my spirit.

The start of 2008 will be the death knoll for us, one way or the other...

So...one door shuts and another one opens.
Life goes on...

In the next few months, everything will become crystal clear as to what my next step will be. During this time of transition, I will work to hone my skills as a pit master of my own destiny. The new door will open...





A new champion will arise from the ashes, just like the Phoenix did, all those many years ago. I will be challenged to bring the best of my cooking skills to the forefront as I begin to gather what I need for starting my own barbecue catering gig.

And...with every intent of starting my own competition team for local KCBS cooks, then in a year or so national cooks.

I must start focusing on that relentless and daunting task of being consistent every single time out of the box. I have good 'Q' but it must attain competition level. No mistakes can be made...

Am I up for that task?

Time will tell us or not if I can run with the big boys, or better yet, can they run with me...

And so, we shall meet again on the field of battle, King against King, Knight against Knight and at days end, shall the Queen mourn for you or me?

We will see my friend...we will see...


Have a safe ending for 2007
Have a safe beginning for 2008




B.D.

No comments: