Friday, December 21, 2007

Simply Friday...



Julie and myself met up last night for dinner with my two original B.D.'s girls Vicky and Tracy. It's always a pleasure to spend time with my girls. The food was good, the beer was cold and there was plenty of laughter and BS going around.

I need times like that sometimes just to get my mind off things for awhile. So it was great to see them again. Vicky said her husband Steve just goes on and on about my ribs. I'll have to fix Steve up some ribs to satisfy that itch that he has since he can't find anybody's ribs even coming close to mine.

I would fire up the pit, but I need to order some new temperature gauges with longer stems to get a truer reading inside the cooking pit, (I asked Pat's opinion on that issue) and I need to get some jacks welded on the trailer so I can level it up and get the tires off the ground. I'll get Dresch to do that and let him look at the dampers inside the pit to see if they need to be reworked.

So, I have a little work to do before its ready to fire up. But I can still fix Steve some ribs on my other smoker. No problem...

Depending on the weather, I may fire up the Weber tonight and get a little chicken action going on.

Yeah, I can hear what you're thinking girls..."now he said last night, if all he ever cooked was..."

Must have been good. (GGG)

Enjoy your day!!!





B.D.

No comments: