Saturday, December 29, 2007

Weekend Report...



Time for a little lab work with my alter ego...Doctor Pyro. Bahahahahahahahaha...(cough, choke, weeze, fart, oh, sorry...)

Why for? (you may ask.)

Julie, is heading out to Knoxville for the weekend, so I bought a bunch of rib tips to experiment with.

1: I'm going to tweak the rub just a tad. I'll keep the original recipe in tacked, but I will add something different this time and see how that works.

2: Work on the sauce. I'm using Tomato sauce and Chili sauce as the base instead of Ketchup. Last time, I was close, but I don't think I cooked it long enough and I didn't use it during cooking to see what the end result would be.

This weekend I will...

A lot of people use Ketchup, some use tomato puree, some use tomato paste and water and some use tomato sauce. I think the sauce and chili sauce will be a good combo as the base and the end result (as the goal) must work with the rub in complementing the meat.

So... I thought rib tips would be easier to work with as they don't take long to cook.

And... if the sauce doesn't work, then I ain't lost a whole slab of rib meat, just a little bit. Maybe, some wings would be good too...I've used the rub on chicken with great results, but I haven't tried not marinading the wings and just rubbing them and smoking them, then toss in the hot sauce...

Damn...I'd better go to the store and get some cold beverages for my enjoyment, because looks like I'm going to be busy this weekend...

B.D.

No comments: