Saturday, December 01, 2007

Weekend Report...




I may work on the sauce today. Julie and Robyn are heading on a road trip to see Julie's Grandmother and spend the night, so it will be just me and the Black bear.

I might (or should) go get a few slabs of ribs so I can practice cutting and trimming St. Louis style ribs. Carey used baby back ribs at the KCBS and that's why we got our butts kicked. That's a no no...and the chicken, well...let's just say that KCBS ain't Alabama and a white sauce will only win you last place. I tried to tell them that, but I'm just the #2 Fire Tender and towel boy...what do I know.

That's why I'm starting my own Team for KCBS. I have the name, the logo and the application. I have the rub and the sauce is very close to where I want it. I've about made up my mind on the smokers I want. And... I will hand pick my people for their cooking skills, not for their butt kissing skills. (I lost because I never entered that category)

Anyway...I'll show these butt wipes who the man is.

Am I still going to be a Peg Leg Porker? I did say some things because I was pissed... but Pat Martin calmed me down and I'll let it slide.

I'm still the #2 Fire Tender last I heard, I haven't been fired yet...

B.D.

No comments: