Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Test Run Results...



How did the test run for the rib rub go B.D.?

Stay tuned...

I'll let you know this afternoon.
B.D.

(Beer time...)

Ok...Sunday, I did a test run on the rub. I just put the ribs on the Weber and cooked them for 1 hour naked, then double wrapped them for 45 mins. more. I just wanted to see what the rub tasted like.

After the first bite, I got Julie on the phone and said "honey, this rub recipe is (6 letter word) awesome, (4 letter word) yeah!"

It was a winner...

Now, most folks don't like hot stuff, most folks do...a wise man told me "bbq is about the meat, if you use a rub or a sauce, don't mask the flavor of the meat."

So...with this in mind, I did my work. The heat can come from the sauce, I wanted a rub that anybody could eat (man, woman, child) and I didn't want to take anything away from the taste or hide the meat. Some people don't like sauce on the meat, they prefer it on the side. So...

The rub must complement the meat, naked or sauced and the sauce itself, must do the same thing.

Did I do it? "Smack yo' momma" right I did...Woo-Hoo!!!

I had three different people tell me it was excellent. This is my recipe, no tweaks to someones recipe. This is my baby.

Well that's great B.D. are you going to share it?

"Sorry...no can do Jethro."

Only other people that knows this recipe besides myself are Pat and Julie. And neither one of them will talk. (I know where they live)

So, there it is, the rub is a success. Next will be the sauce...



Then, after that?



Enjoy your day!!!
B.D.

No comments: