Saturday, July 07, 2007

Weekend Report...





I saw an article in the paper today about the price of beer going up...(sigh.)

It was bound to happen, first gas, then cigarettes, then steaks, now...beer.

My beloved drink of the common man (or woman)...is there no decency left in the world?

While top ladder sitters make trillions of bucks sipping their bubbly, they could care less if the price of their indulgent brew goes up...

We hard working lower rung peons, on the other hand, like to indulge in a few "cold ones" and still have money left for a few more rounds. But...life is so unfair...What's next?

Triple the price of ice? You may make me drive less... you may make me smoke less...

But when you think you can make me drink less, "dream on brother."

I don't care what the price of ice is...

My beer... is going to be cold...period.

B.D.

Update in my defence:

Julie said to me, the statement I made above, makes me look like an alcoholic when it come to drinking...

Well ...this is not the case at all. Now...I love my beer.. I was just bitchin' about the world and prices being raised on everything that is near and dear...What can we do?

Just take it with a grain of salt, I reckon...and a cold beer...

Maybe one day, the world will be right...

But...I'm not holding my breath...

B.D.

No comments: