Saturday, October 01, 2005

Spicy Pork Chili

Chili time is almost here and this is a great recipe for pork chili.

Now...hardcore chili folks will tell you...beans do not belong in chili.

Well this is what I say...

I like beans in my chili...so there...get off me.

If you believe that beans don't belong... fine... leave 'em out.

Enjoy!!!
B.D.



Spicy Pork Chili

1 1/2 lb. Pork tenderloin, cubed
2 large Onions, diced
4 Celery ribs, diced
2 Tbs. Butter
6 cans Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
4 cans Chicken broth
2 cups Water
2 Jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
2 tsp. Chili powder

1/2 tsp. each of
White pepper
Cayenne pepper
Ground Cumin
Black pepper

2 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. dried Parsley flakes
1/4 tsp. Hot pepper sauce (see note)
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese


My Note: This is not enough hot sauce for me, maybe a few more splashes.


In a Dutch oven, cook the pork, onions and celery in butter until meat is browned.

Stir in next 13 ingredients and mix well.

Bring to a boil, reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours.

Scoop into bowl and top with cheese.

No comments: