Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Sweet Onion Pudding

This is supposed to be a good side dish for Meat, Chicken, or Fish.


I haven't tried this yet.


This might not go over well in my house...

Just because it's Onions...


It's a Julie thing...(she has a thing about Onions, the smell clings to her skin...)

I don't know...she has never smelled like an onion to me...
And I smell her everyday... sniff..sniff...

"Whoa there babe, put a cork in it"........(G)

Now I know why she was nick named "Tootee"

(Don't make me explain it.......)


Enjoy!!!

(I think...)


B.D.




SWEET ONION PUDDING


1 cup whipping cream
1 (3-ounce) package shredded Parmesan cheese
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
a little freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 cup butter
3 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced


STIR together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually stir into egg mixture.


Set aside.

MELT butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion, and cook, stirring often, 30 to 40 minutes or until onion is caramel colored.



Remove onion from heat.

STIR onion into egg mixture; spoon into a lightly greased 8-x8-inch baking dish.


BAKE at 350° for 30 minutes or until set.


(Adapted from November 2000 Southern Living)

No comments: