Saturday, October 08, 2005

Weekend Report

Dare I say...
It has gotten a tad bit chilly around here.

But alas...it shall not last...Woo-Hoo!!!

Well...let me tell you of my adventure yesterday.


It all began innocently enough...
I was looking for some more jalapeno peppers to stuff.


The season is about over, so they're not as fat now.


Me being the seeker of the next level of grilled poppers.

I made the ultimate fatal mistake.

I asked the produce guy..."his opinion"

As we stood there and discussed what I had in mind.."sounds good"...he said.


I never caught on to his accent until it was too late...


He pulled out his pocket knife and started to slice off samples, telling me which was hot, and which was not...


Now... I do know a thing or two about peppers... but being wrapped up in our conversation...

...I goofed...I let my guard down.


"Here try this one," he said.... handing me a piece.

All I saw was flames...
My brain had failed me...

All I could manage to say was.....

"It's got a twang to it"

Twang my butt... hell I had an entire city block on fire in my mouth.


He had eaten 3 peppers damn near whole...and not flinched a bit.


(That should have thrown a flag on the play for me)


When my mouth finally calmed down from the fire alarms...his accent got my attention.


I managed to ask him where he was from..."Louisiana" he said with a smile.

"We like hot stuff down there."

"No kidding"...I said to him as I started to walk away shaking my head...


I heard him laughing as he said "come back to see me again, I'm here everyday."


I sure will...you just moved to the top of my Christmas List.

(G)


B.D.

No comments: