Sunday, September 18, 2005

Baked Acorn Squash

When I was a kid my mom made this all the time.

I hadn't really thought about it much until now.

I saw a picture and it brought back memories.


So I found a recipe that I know is very close to what momma use to make.


I remember what was on them, but just not how much.

B.D.


Baked Acorn Squash

Acorn Squash, halved (one half per person)
Pats of butter
Brown sugar
Honey

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
Scoop the seeds out of each half with a spoon.

Add 1 pat of butter, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, to the hollow scoop of each half.


Place upright on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 25 to 35 minutes
or until tender when flesh is poked with a fork.

( I remember momma would pull them out to baste them every so often)

I would do a heaping Tbsp. of butter for each one, but that's just me.

No comments: